Oceans are full of reasons to use SOFISIL®
High-quality polyester fibre product based on PET bottles collected from ocean shores in Third World countries.
Help improve people‘s lives
SOFISIL® is a social fibre, helping not only to clean up nature and prevent pollution of oceans, but also to improve the lives of people in Third World countries.
Get involved to reduce pollution
By using SOFISIL® you become a participant in the fight for environmental protection. Let's be responsible and help clean the oceans of plastic waste together.
Increase your social responsibility
Keep pace with the rest of the world. Let SOFISIL® be part of your products and give everyone a clear signal that your values comply with environmental protection and sustainability.
Be part of the solution
SOFISIL® fibre is a responsible product which can be used in many industrial sectors – automotive, construction, hygiene and industrial applications. SOFISIL® is also suitable for yarn spinning.
Help save the environment and natural resources.
Use Sofisil® fibres.
- is suitable for all dry-laid nonwoven production technologies
- tow suitable for spinning
- wide range of colour shades (white, black, mass dyed fibres)
- linear weight range from 3.3 dtex to 17 dtex
- round fibre cross-section
- preparation process according to main standards
- final preparation in Europe
- manufacturing to customer specification
- co-development with customers and finding tailor-made solutions
- end-of-life products made from Sofisil® fibres are suitable for closed-loop recycling
Your reliable partner with 70 years of experience.
SILON is a reliable partner for the development of PET fibres intended for a broad range of fibre-based applications requiring high technical standards, functional characteristics and consistent quality.
The company was founded in 1950 as a polyamide filament yarn producer. Back in 1996, we were the first in Europe to introduce the continuous production of polyester fibres from postconsumer PET bottles (PET flakes). Today, we are among the largest processors of PET flakes in Europe.
- certified by TÜV NORD CERT Ltd.
- IATF 16949:2016
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- Öko-Tex Standard 100, Product-class I., App. 6 (in accordance with ISO 17050-1)
- Ecolabel certificate
- GRS certificate